Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Ultimate Festive Lip - Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine, Forbidden Apple


I have never been one to rock a bold lip colour, ever. I have had several attempts, randomly buying any old red lipstick and whacking it on, only to spend the day feeling paranoid that it didn’t look right and constantly checking to see if the colour had smudged halfway across my face. I have tiny lips, so usually felt that a bold lip colour didn’t suit me at all and stuck to experimenting with eye shadow instead.

However, recently I have been trying out some red and purple lip glosses, the hint of colour with a glossy finish has allowed me to get used to wearing a slightly bolder lip- and I’ve loved it!
All of this led up to my purchase of Estee Lauders Vivid Shine lipstick in Forbidden Apple. As soon as I tried it on I loved it, as the name suggests, it’s a high shine finish which means it doesn’t make my lips look too thin. It is a deep dark red with flecks of both gold and silver glitter running through it, meaning it suits most skin tones and looks SO Christmassy!!



This is a long wearing lipstick and I like the fact that due to the glitter, I can actually feel it on my lips, so I have a good idea of when I need to reapply it without having to check in the mirror every fifteen minutes. Also, when it wears off, it does so without flaking or going patchy. The colour just gradually wears away on the lip.



I have been applying it with my Ruby & Millie 6mm lip brush. It's a shame that Ruby & Millie no longer sell brushes, as I have had quite a few of theirs for years and the quality is excellent. However, I do have the Chanel angled lip brush #33 on my Christmas list, as I am sure that an angled lip brush will give me a more accurate application. 




All in all, I love this lipstick! I can’t wait to wear it all over the festive season and I will be cracking it out at every opportunity. I now have my eye on ‘Violet Electra’ from the Vivid Shine collection, which has the same high shine glittery effect, but in a deep violet shade. Hopefully I will feel brave enough in a couple of weeks and I can treat myself to it.




Sadly, I could not find this shade online, but if you pop to a counter like I did, they are likely to have some in stock. You can find Violet Electra and the other shades from the Vivid Shine collection here.

1 comment: